Frequently Asked Questions
What is Balayage?
Balayage is a French colouring technique that was developed in the 1970s. It's a freehand technique where the colour is applied by hand rather than using the traditional foiling or cap highlighting techniques. Balayage can be used in even the shortest pixie crop. However, the best result is in hair below the shoulders.
What are Ombré and Sombre?
The word ombré
comes from the French word “shadow”. The ombré hairstyle is the transition of a darker shade to a lighter shade. A sombre
is what we would typically see on blondes, since it is a more subtle version of the ombré technique Ombré is great for the more daring person (and typically darker hair), it is definitely more dramatic and typically more maintenance. Ombré is kind of like color blocking, there are no dark pieces left on the bottom to help keep it natural, just a nice transition between the colors.
What is a glossing or shines?
A translucent hydrating color gloss or clear top coat that richens natural hair color while putting a protective shine on hair.
What are Sunlights
These are highlights that give the hair a natural sun-kissed look. The process usually takes one hour and Start at $45.00.
What is a precision haircut?
This is a very precise way to cut the hair where thin sections are taken and shaped through out the entire hair. It is finished with a blow dry and sometimes ironed. It is again checked and cut dry.
Why are their different prices for highlights?
Highlights range depending on how many colors used and how many foils are placed in the hair. This process can vary between 1 1/2 to 3 hours. depending on the service. It is best to book a complimentary consultation to determine what is best for your needs according to your hair, likes and budget.
Hair Style Tips
Talking to your stylist
Getting the perfect haircut is all about communication. You talk. We listen. We offer leadership, knowledge and expertise and variety of style.
Our job as hairdressers is to listen to what you have to say about your hair and turn that information into the perfect style. If you are NOT HAPPY
with any service or product, we will make it right with a 100% guaranteed satisfaction on all services or products.
Think about the following when talking to your stylist:
- What do you like best about your hair?
- How much time do you want to spend on your hair?
- What don’t you like about it, what are your challenges?
- Do you have any parameter about your style?
- If you have a budget you want us to work with we will offer you options within your budget.
- Do you have any length considerations?
- Bring pictures; your own, or from magazines. It will help accurately describe your desired style.
- On a scale of 1-10 how courageous do you feel about your hair appointment?
Looking for a Change?
- Change the part from one side to the other or make it zigzag. Simple and easy.
- Flip up the ends, turn them under or square them off with a flat iron.
- Set the hair on self-adhering rollers after you've blown it dry.
- Use a silicone spray to change the texture.
- Apply a pomade for body and shine.
- Rely on pin curls for a great retro look.
- Mold a wave into wet hair, hold it with long waving clamps and dry the hair.
- Scrunch it as you mist on finishing spray.
- Use a curling iron to accent curls or specific areas.
- Apply a texturizing crème and use your fingers as a rake as you dry to get that 'second day' look.
- Twirl the hair around a pencil and apply heat for a few seconds.
- Mix up sponge rollers to create less uniform curl.
- Create half up dos or full up dos, then add hair accessories, such as those great little jeweled
clips you retail.
- Add braids. Create just one that moves across the top of the head or add a lot.
- Tuck the hair behind the ears or pull it forward- whichever you don't normally do.